Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pinky Swear

I blame the company I keep and the fact I was raised Catholic so the self-guilt comes easily. My blogger pals have not goaded me, they haven't chastised me, they haven't insulted me nor have they challenged me to write more. I have to give them credit because they know all of those things wouldn't have worked as well as just leaving me alone and letting my own shame and insecurity as a writer to work through the delicate web of my self-esteem. So, in keeping with my usual method of operation, that is cannon-balling in the deep end, I hereby vow to blog every day for the next thirty days barring any catastrophic event like floods, hurricanes or the rewriting of the Constitution so the Duhb can run one more time. Now the very fact that don't even have 30 blogs to my name and I started posting last April would cause the average normal person to say, "Hey, maybe I should start slower, work up to it. That would make more sense."
But I am neither average, normal and as most of my friends can attest, I have very little sense. So, there it is. I'm going to have to find something to write about every single day for the next 30 days.

3 comments:

MJ said...

We can't wait to see what little things in your life become bloggable...
No pressure just happy anticipation that I'll have something new to read each morning while I drink my decaf.

LJ said...

I'm in. I'm going to blog 30 days in a row. As for the Catholic thing, your penance is a Hail Mary in the mirror first thing in the morning and a Hail Mary in the mirror right before bed.

JSG said...

Welcome back, Cora!
Okay, I'm a day late but I'll try it too. So you started on 10/28 which puts me up to 3 for today.