Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Fifty-three: Dessert Storm

Watching the NH primaries, I am struck with a craving, something sweet right now, but I'm not sure what it is. PMS is not an issue, so chocolate is out. A cookie is not required. Pie? Perhaps, but still not quite right, the crust warm and flakey appeals, but nothing else not even pieces of apple (my favorite pie)toasty juicy in all that pastry. The same goes with a turnover or tart. Cake is almost there, but something chewier like brownies, but not brownies as chocolate is not needed. Something with custard like an eclair or napoleon, or the canoli, crunchy creamy goodness in a naughty phallic carrying case. Not ice cream. It's soft but cold and therefore not comforting tonight.
But here's the thing. If any of those items showed up at my door, I would not turn them away in disgust and disappointment. I would open my arms in full embrace and scoop them up and take a big greedy bite while still wishing for something else but being agreeable to distraction.

4 comments:

DiaBelo said...

This was one nice metaphorical dim sum.

LJ said...

What you're looking for is a batter fried twinkie.

JSG said...

You needed something sweet while watching politics? I wonder why.

Sweet title..

MJ said...

This was agonizing: which will she pick?

I also did not know apple pie was your favorite. So noted.