Friday, November 30, 2007

Thirty-three

It's Friday night and this is the most activity I will attempt tonight. It's tragic. Most Friday nights I'm too exhausted to get any take-out, it's either Chinese delivery or lots of microwave popcorn for dinner followed by spoons of peanut butter. There was a time back in the swinging 70's that I wouldn't even leave the house until this time, but that sounds so pathetic and needy to harken back to my twenties to assure you that I wasn't always this resoundingly sad and tired. But in my defense, I know those younger than me that are this haggard on a Friday night. Most are teachers, so there's that.
I think this points to a need, a need for traveling entertainment. Yes, I know there are movies galore at the touch of a button, but real live entertainment is another matter. I love the theater and concerts, the the trouble is that I have to get out of my jammies, holster up the girls and put on some shoes, not to mention deal with the hair and some make-up administered to appear less pod-like. Wouldn't it be lovely to have a small troup of singers or dancers, jugglers or actors to arrive at your home, do a little something for you, you pay them and maybe give them something to eat and send them on their way. It would have made my night to have a group of actors do a little something from Vagina Monologues or Twelth Night. Maybe a few tunes, a little Cole Porter medley, maybe something from Elvis Costello with a little Luther Vandross thrown in towards the end.
Okay Eastside Scribes, what kind of show would you like to see performed in your very own living room?

4 comments:

JSG said...

Miss Saigon. I think we could land the heli in the dining room.

LJ said...

I want the Cat in the Hat to come over with his cleaning up cart.

DiaBelo said...

Rachel Ray can perform her cooking show anytime in my kitchen. Preferably before 9.

MJ said...

I would just ask that a few people--a diverse and interesting group, probably teachers and their spouses, come to my house for games and whatnot.