Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thirty-two

It's late so this is going to be short. I had a late night doing a couple of family blogging sessions for PTA this evening. Trying to get families hip to the blognation. I had a little down time between sessions so I checked my school e-mail. Barnes and Noble is promoting an educator's special Saturday this weekend. For the lucky first 15 teachers that come in, those fortunate frisky lot will receive (drum roll please) a free tote bag! Yes, goodness gracious, let me just take my sleeping bag and some low glycemic snacks and camp out so I can be the first in line for my very own free tote bag. Would I enjoy a 25% discount or a free tote bag? Tote bag me up, baby! I just don't have enough tote bags with an giant red apple in the middle and the alphabet in blocks drawn to the side. Don't have enough of those. And while you're add it, Barnes and Noble, would you pretty please give me a free denim jumper, something that makes me look as frumpy and Jaba the Hut-like as possible but before you hand it to me, could you please embroider it with a short school bus with multi-cultural faces sticking out of each window all saying hello (Bonjour! Hola! Bite me!) in their native language. Throw in some earrings that look like little tiny pencils and a necklace with tiny erasers, and kickballs, and that crystal apple the size of a honeydew melon because that's always useful in case I have to overpower a 98 pound crack addict breaking into my house. Yeah, put it all in that canvas tote bag and I will be in frackin' teacher heaven.

3 comments:

DiaBelo said...

Do your friends know about the time you broke into the teachers' lounge at Bishop Kenny and stole a diet coke? One of a series of high school B&Es.

JSG said...

OMG - how can you forget the embroidered "Kids R My Business" matching bra & panties.

I think other professionals should don festive gear. Embroidered Schlongs on Urologists Sweaters? Denim jumper with the R.I.P. for the undertaker?

MJ said...

I hate the tote bag. It also implies we'll be carrying home lots of work. Thanks.