Friday, November 9, 2007

Twelve

Right smack in the greedy excess that is (Wh)Orlando is a Disney designed town off 192 called Celebration. You'd swear you were a million miles away. It reminds me of the homebase of SDE in Peterborough, NH. Small town USA yet fairly diverse as I noticed the international workforce and not just grunt workers, but owners of businesses. Yes, I walked around and I chatted with folks. There is a pleasant array of merchants, restaurants, a theater, a bookstore, with a lake smack in the middle to stroll around with the kiddies. It's clean, fairly quiet and feels a bit like Pleasantville, which if you haven't seen it, then I don't even want to know you. Cal and I are spending two nights in the Celebration Hotel for a romantic anniversary weekend, trying to re-enact The Irish Nookie Tour of Summer '07 (see my surgical team for details).
The room is comfortable, great linens on the bed, a working television and free wi-fi. A view of the lake. So right now Cal is in the hotel named bathrobe (cue Barry White), comfy in bed watching the Wizard of Oz. And as soon as I finish these last sentences, I'll join him because there isn't anything more romantic than watching the Wizard of Oz with the man I love in a room warm as the arms that surround me.

4 comments:

MJ said...

What a sweet post. Something to celebrate.

JSG said...

That town was the subject of a "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me" listener question a couple of episodes ago. Did you know that they have clandestinely placed Bose speakers throughout the outdoors to pipe in nature sounds?

LJ said...

Are you listening to Cool and the Gang?

Cora Spondence said...
This comment has been removed by the author.