Saturday, November 24, 2007

Twenty-seven

My hall of fame gal pal, KV, has joined the Blognation thanks to my noodge (I learned all my blog noodges from MJ) and I encourage one and all to check out her blog:  imaginaryplanet.blogspot.com  and comment because without comments all of this is just lonely semantic self-pleasuring, sure nice for a time, but after a while you just want someone there either giving you a hand or cheering you on.  As metaphors go, not one of my best, my apologies.
I've known KV since 9th grade and so we have logged a lot of miles in the teenage angst department, in the clueless twenties, threadbare thirties, flailing forties and now in our fabulous fifties, we are making good on the promise we made when we were 18 to write to each other regularly.  She is the coolest of the cool, smart and funny, still slim too which I try not to hate her too much for.  She is a gardening savant. Those with that passion are in for a treat because she will likely share a great deal of her knowledge of how things grow. Giant beanstalk?  Yeah, she could do it.  Her husband MD is the kindest and calmest man I've ever met. He is also freakishly unwrinkled for a middle aged man.  I fear he has made a deal with Satan or with a representative of Clinique.  I'm sure you'll get to know more about her as you read her posts and welcome another smart voice into our blogtown.
My internet woes are still in repair but Cal just nabbed himself a tasty morsel from the folks from Apple.  Yeah, I'm sitting here with the Shaft of all desktops, the iMac.  Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby, saaa-moooooooooooooth.  Really.  Very few electronic devices give me this kind of satisfying shudder (ahhh, college days, alone with Dark Side of the Moon, extra D batteries...and I'm back) but this thing is so fine.  Very sleek, user friendly and without lots of baggage.  The processor is in the monitor, so it came with just the keyboard, mouse and monitor. That's it.  Wouldn't it be lovely if everything we bought came with such ease?

5 comments:

MJ said...

Ooh, you squeaked in an early post.

I love your description of KV and MD ( deal with Satan or with a representative of Clinique haha...).

And, then you made me laugh out loud while cringing with just a little envy: baby, oh baby, oh baby, saaa-moooooooooooooth.

Congrats, CB, on the new machine. I'm glad Cora can keep posting thanks to you.

DiaBelo said...

Well, thanks for the welcome wank. Now I feel like you've just invited a bunch of people to my house and all I have is cheese whiz. I guess I need to get cooking.

LJ said...

A Mac? Really? Because I'm enjoying how Vista doesn't work at all. Internet Explorer is requesting access to the internet, Cancel or Allow?

JSG said...

Was it the iMac or the thoughts of the passing decades that inspired the lusty undertones, er, overtones to your entire post?

And please let dia belo know that cheeze whiz is just fine with us common folk.

EJG said...

Hey, Diabelo; You got something against Cheese Whiz? What other dairy product can be molded into the shape of whatever you leave it in overnight?

Welcome to our little slice of the blogosphere. The more the merrier!

Cora, does the new imac have a great movie making program? I'm envious!!!